Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What was I thinking????

You know the saying "never mess with a good thing"? Or how about "don't try this at home". Or even the one "your husband can't do everything"
I didn't listen to this advice! I was looking at my hair on Friday thinking that my highlights have grown out a little. My mother-in-law is the one that does my highlights for me. She's licensed and she's great at it. I have all the colors and supplies here at the house for when she comes to visit. Well, my husband insisted if I have all the supplies here, then he could do it for me. I stupidly said "ok" and called my mother-in-law to get the right ratios to mix the color. She warned me it wasn't a good idea but once again I didn't take the advice. The idea was to do a few streaks of blonde and a few red.
Here's what happened:



Ya, that's not the lighting, it turned orange! The whole top of my head was orange! Sidney whispered to Kenzie, "I don't want mom to go to the basketball game tomorrow because everyone will think she smokes". Too funny.
So after emailing that pic to my mother-in-law she advized me of what color I needed to go buy to cover up this mess.
Here's how I look now:
Not bad but not good either.

And here's what I looked like 5 days before this fiasco:


A big thanks to my mother-in-law, Sheila and to L'Oreal Preference color Ash Blonde 7A for covering up my problem, though I shouldn't have gotten into such a mess in the first place.

Lesson Learned!




4 comments:

Krista said...

Oh man! I am so sorry! I have been orange before and it is not fun!! I am glad you got if fixed!

Sasha&Patric said...

HAHAHA!! I have had a few incidents like that in my life. Luckily hair is easily changed!!

The Chidesters said...

Well, know that Pete and I have dried our tears from a good laugh . . . I don't know what is funnier, your original result or Sid's comment about people thinking you smoke. Thanks for a good laugh! Pete won't even cut my hair. Perhaps, a blessing even though I wish he would sometimes.

Pamela said...

Too funny!!!