Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Parker's big day is next week. Today he was happy to say "see ya" to the girls.

Lining up

Sidney waiting....and waiting....

The girls have to wear red, white or navy polo shirts. Talk about easy school shopping. (But not as much fun)

It's the first day of school...the day the girls have been looking forward to for so long. I enrolled them in a public charter school called Legacy Traditional. They have to wear "uniforms" and its a bit of a different carriculum than public school. It'll be a little challenging but I think they'll do just fine. Problem is there was some construction delay in the new campus (this is only their second year running) so until all the buildings are complete the school was forced to split the school into 2 half day sessions for a few weeks. The girls are in the PM session which is from 11:40 - 2:40. Since the kids all get up around 6:30 there was a lot of anxious waiting around all morning. Sidney wore her backpack at 9 and wouldn't take it off. Their first day went really well. They were both happy and talkative on the way home from school. I was so releived!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

So cute! Everyone looks so grown up. I think Maggie has the same backpack as Kenzie. I hope you make lots of great friends.

Krista said...

They are so cute! I have heard about those AZ charter schools. They weren't really around when I was there. You will have to let me know how it goes, and if you like it! I tried to get Carly into Porter over here (same type of school I think), but the waiting list was too long.

Sasha said...

Good thing your girls look good in red!

Ann Arbogast said...

Just leaving a comment....it's me Ann. Will check your blog out this weekend. By the looks of it you have some amazing pictures.