Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Binki-Free Life

We are on our way! Today is Day 4 of a binki-free life. I made up my mind that Monday was the day I would wean Mason off of the pacifier. He was way too attached and of course way too old for it. It hasn't been easy but it's getting better. Day 2 was propably the worst. He had been asking for his "bee" since the day before and I just kept telling him no. He finally looked at me and said as clear as day, "I unt my binki." As if I hadn't understood him before. He has never pronounced binki right before. It was so cute. But not cute enough to give in. Today he is happy and smiling and hasn't asked for it once. I am so proud of that little bugger.

2 comments:

jennaloha said...

that really is monumental. Good work. We missed you at the park Wednesday.

The Chidesters said...

That is great, Mason! When I first read the title on the posting, I thought it said, "Bikini Free". I thought, "What has Liz been up to?" Then I realized I switched the letters around in my head. Oh well, I just had a baby so that is a good excuse, right? See you guys soon!