Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Najavo Nation

The kids and I went up to stay with Josh for a week on the Navajo Nation reservation (it was the kids' fall break). There wasn't a whole lot to do but we brought all of our bikes and did a little sight seeing. The country is beautiful out there!
During our visit to the red rocks (in the pics)I got the truck stuck in the sand and couldn't get it out. I was so scared and worried. We walked out to the main road where I flagged down the next car and a nice lady gave us a ride back to Josh's job site 15 miles away. (I was crying like an idiot by then). Later Josh and a co-worker headed out to rescue the truck. I asked him how he got it out, did he pull it? And he said, "I drove it out." I swear I tried that!! I didn't know where the 4W drive was. Now I know.




2 comments:

The Chidesters said...

You poor gal. Getting stuck on a reservation without your husband must be a very scary thing. Thank goodness you found a nice lady! Glad you were able to go and have a nice visit!

Sasha said...

Wow--there is NOTHING out there! Must be kinda nice! I haven't heard from you in awhile, hopefully all is well!